So I decided that 2018 was going be the year of me focusing on my mind, body and soul. My days usually start off with me waking up and heading to the gym for my daily work-out, then it’s back home for a shower then back into another cute gym set. Anyone who knows me will tell you, I spend most of my days in gym sets (the more colourful the better) while working from a cute coffee spot, sipping on my favourite juice-blends.
I have found that having a routine helps me achieve my goals easier and does not make them seem hard or unattainable. Because I know we are always looking for great ways to improve our health, I would like to share my routine than can help kick start you to a better and healthier you, before we head into 2019.
- Make gym a lifestyle choice and not the place you go to only to lose weight. The more gym becomes a place you go to start or end your day, the more you will start feeling great and lighter after every session.
- Still on the habit of going to gym – Don’t kill yourself trying to do everything or doing too much, work at your comfort level and make your workouts fun for you. The body needs at least a good 30minute workout for you to stay in good, healthy shape.
- Eat well-balanced meals, cut down on the overly processed foods as they weigh you down and kill your energy. If you opt for fresh foods you will have more energy to take on the day. I’m always making smoothies and juices to keep me going. However, remember to not deprive yourself of the foods you love, the key is moderation.
- Get a good nights’ rest, because sleep plays a huge role in your health journey. A bad nights’ sleep leads to fatigue and a weak immune system, and let’s be honest – It does not help with a fresh start to your day.
- It’s very important for you to listen to your body when you are tired. So listen and rest! Your body will always tell you what it needs. Your body will even tell you that it needs to move or even eat healthier foods.
- Stick to your routine, the more you make these elements a habit they become a lifestyle and not a chore.
- Drink loads of water – This is the most important step of it all!
My favourite go-to Morning Green Smoothie:
Using my Nutri-Bullet from @home
- Chia seeds
- Almond milk or cold water
Gym set, Nike @ Sportscene
Trainers, Nike @ totalsport