All things fashion and beauty (by Niloofa Rehman)
8 Biggest trends this year:
- Go bold in Metallics! A shimmering pewter number will have you sparkling all night while paired with chunky statement gold earrings.
- Pleats! Functional and comfortable. This trend is simple yet classic and easy to dance in.
- Lace is also big this year, a dress with a fitted lace bodice makes for a timeless elegant look paired with a metallic box clutch.
- Embroidery decals, for the prom queen – regal and memorable.
- Pastels are too making a comeback this year – elegant, soft and angelic.
- Want to sparkle? Cop a sequinned floor length gown in rose gold. For a more understated sequin look try a darker color – black or navy perhaps.
- Try cut outs for your night out – a form fitting mermaid style dress with sexy cut out details at the waistline.
- Two piece ensemble. are fashion Do’s – thanks to designers like Sherri Hill this trend has become a staple in evening wear. It’s youthful, age appropriate and fashion forward.