ON THE RADAR – ABONGWE QOKELA
What are some of the main passions and why are they important to you?
Documenting is a big passion for me. I always love looking back and reliving some of the moments in my life.
I love fashion as a form of expression. I consider myself an emotional dresser and every day is a play on my mood.
What are the 5 invaluable tips you can share for shooting looks?
– Do what feels good to you.
– Wear what works for the mood you’re trying to express.
– Know that people won’t always get what you’re putting out but, know that it’s okay too.
– Be okay with things not looking the way you envisioned on shoot day but, be ready to adapt.
– Work with people you trust and also know the right photographer for what you’re trying to put out. This will make you relaxed when it comes to shooting
What are some of the apps you can’t live without?
Instagram + VSCO
What is your dream collaboration?
My poor heart!
- Photographer – Katinka Bester
- Fashion – Rodarte
- Make up – Luseti Beauty Artistry Shot somewhere lush or very unexpected + get a dope videographer to turn it into a mini fashion video.
What does a typical day looks like for you?
Most people don’t know this about me but I have an actual 9-5. I wake up at 5 am and get ready for a 1h45min day in traffic + a day at an online retailer as a social media manager. I then hit the gym/go for a 5km run after work.
Shoot days are different and all about what the day requires .
What are the best things to do in your city?
– Markets ( I love the chilled vibe that comes with markets),interesting eating joints. (I love food and a day with my friends around food is heaven).
– Gin tasting an actual thing now and that’s always a vibe.
How would you describe your fashion style?
Emotional. Always changing and always fun.
Do you consider your an influencer?
I actually don’t. I say this because my style + way of doing things is different and I believe it will be limited to say I’m an influencer. I’m a content creator, an artist + a storyteller.
Any hidden talents?
I can actually draw. I was going to study Animation at some point.