1.Tell us a little about yourself
I work as a Senior Account Manager at an integrated communications agency, and I’m also a lifestyle blogger. I am reserved and introverted by nature but come out of my shell when I’m with my family and very close friends. I love to laugh and laugh at myself ALL the time. I enjoy reading and watching romantic dramas because I’m a hopeless romantic.
2. What are some of your main passions and why are they important to you?
My blog is my passion and on it, I share some of my other passions which are style, beauty and good food. 😉
3. What are the 5 invaluable tips you can share for shooting looks, what would they be?
- Everyone probably knows this by now but it’s all about location, location, location! A great location makes the world of difference when shooting looks.
- Don’t stop shooting until you have at least 5 looks you are happy with. It may take hours but hey, perfection takes time!
- Chase the sun! It doesn’t matter how good your camera is, if the sun ain’t right, don’t even bother.
- Practise a few poses prior to your shoot. It makes it easier, trust me!
- Explore different angles. While shooting a look, you want to make sure you explore different angles because an angle from the side may be better than one shot straight on. Have your photographer lay on the floor or climb a tree if they have to, getting the perfect shot is never easy.
4. What camera do you use to shoot? and do you have any favourite locations or backdrops?
I use a Nikon D3300. I don’t have favourite locations, I try to take pictures in places that catch my eye. I take my pictures myself which can be limiting location wise, because I prefer to shoot in a quiet location which isn’t always possible so I end up taking many of my pictures at home.
What are some apps you cant live without?
Instagram. I think 80% of my data is spent on that app. I’m not on Snapchat.
6. Where do you get most of your inspiration?
I get some inspiration from pages I follow on Instagram but most of my inspiration comes from within. Sometimes inspiration strikes at odd moments so I try to keep a pen and paper with me at all times.
7. Describe your personal style.
Feminine, colourful, sometimes sassy. It really just depends on my mood.
8. Favourite colour of the moment.
I love colour, if I had to choose, it’d be my all-time fave, emerald green. Just so rich and lush!
9. What is your go to outfit/look?
A dress. I wear them a lot and own quite a few.
10. Who is your favourite fashion icon?
I don’t have one. I admire certain individuals’ styles like Olivia Palermo, Bonang Matheba, Kourtney Kardashian, UK Vlogger Patricia Bright, Nina Garcia and Ghanaian stylist, Afua Rida to name a few.
11. What is your dream collaboration?
Patricia Bright and Jennie Jenkins, I like them both in different ways.
12. What does a typical day look like for you?
I work full time so it’s driving 120km to and from work. Sitting infront of a laptop at work, calling media and going to client and media meetings.
13. What is your go to beauty routine?
I have a few beauty products I use sporadically but my regular routine is to wash, cleanse and tone with the Clinique 3-Step System. I also use Guerlain Super Aqua-Eye Serum under eye cream and a derma roller once a month.
14. What are some dreams of yours?
To travel to Europe and spend some time exploring Italy, France, Greece etc.
15. Any hidden talents?
I can sew.
16. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
I see myself happy, having accomplished all of my goals, one of which includes the success of my blog.
17. What are the best things to do in your city?
There’re too many things to do! Wine tasting, fine dining, gallery hopping, the list goes on. There are events everyday in the Western Cape, it’s impossible to have nothing to do.
18. Are you part of any social communities in your city?
Not really. I’m a member of Internations but I’m barely active on it.