RECIPE OF THE WEEK
CHEEKY FISH TACOS
Dressing to impress is one thing, but if you’re the hostess who undoubtedly wants to prove she has the mostess – well that can be a challenge! Honestly, we glare in awe and admiration at these boss babes who can juggle career, gym, charity, bae, babies and still produce a meal that looks like it was created and cooked by Jamie Oliver. So, if like us, you’d like to show off to your besties or even better your in-laws this might just be the recipe for you. *(and remember if you’re feeling extra lazy you could always buy you guac, salsa and spicy mayo ready made)
- 10 fish fingers
- Quarter of a cabbage, shredded or finely sliced
- Guacamole (2 avocados combines with salt, pepper, lemon juice and a tablespoon of plain, chunky cottage cheese)
- Juice of 2 limes
- Coriander, chopped
- Rock salt
For the Salsa:
- 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- Half a red onion
- 2tbsp vinegar
- 10 jalapeño slices
- Juice of 1 lime
For the Spicy Mayo:
- Quarter cup of mayo
- Quarter cup of ketchup
- Few splashes of hot sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1tsp Smoked paprika
- To get started, pop your fish fingers in to cook. Meanwhile slice up your cabbage and prep your toppings.
- For the salsa- Add all the ingredients into a food processor and pulse a couple times until chopped. Don’t puree.
- Immediately tip into a sieve or colander to drain.
- Place into a bowl and put on one side.
- Next mash your avocado together with your lime juice, a big pinch of salt and mix with the chopped coriander leaves. Place to one side, with the avocado pip in the middle to keep it from going brown.
- Mix your spicy mayo ingredients together in a little bowl.
- Heat your tacos one by one in a hot, dry saucepan (no oil) and place onto a teatowel or napkin covered plate, then cover them up with another napkin.
- Serve and let people build their own tacos.