STYLE BY LOREN
1. Tell us a little about yourself
I am a day dreamer that leaves no stone unturned. Whatever I think I can do, I end up doing. Easily misunderstood and called stubborn, a lot! But I prefer seeing it as determined and eager. I love children, not big on pets and enjoy helping others achieve their goals, whether its personal or business related. I absolutely enjoy hiking and swimming, but don’t get to do much of it. I hate being stuck behind a desk, that is why I work from my bed most of the time… Just kidding! But for real though, I hate being behind the desk for too long, but work needs to be done, so I make the most of it with great music.
2.What are some of your main passions and why are they important to you?
I am passionate about people (specifically women and children), as much as I lose my marbles from time to time because we all know people can be unnecessarily challenging at times, I still cant imagine doing anything that does not positively influence people.
3. What are the 5 invaluable tips you can share for shooting looks, what would they be?
- I am still figuring this one out, but from trial and error I would say:
- Make sure your lighting is right – the time of day is a factor to consider.
- Choose a location that wont take the attention off your outfit but instead enhance it.
- Less is more – don’t overkill with complicated poses.
- Change up your angles – it will makes the series more interesting.
- Personality and confidence is everything – don’t hold back!
4. What camera do you use to shoot? and do you have any favourite locations or backdrops?
I always work with a photographer, so the type of camera changes all the time. And I do not have favourite locations or backdrops. I usually leave that to the photographer to decide on because it is their image at the end of the day.
5. What are some apps you cant live without?
NONE. I don’t have anything other than the social media apps on my phone and I would live should all of that come to an end. I should have warned you, I am not that exciting. LOL
6. Where do you get most of your inspiration?
This may seem cliché, even that line seems cliché. But I am inspired by everything around me. People, objects, conversation, etc. Because I am more business orientated, anything that catches my attention becomes a business idea.
7. Describe your personal style
UNPREDICTABLE – really, that is it. This is also why there is no order in my closet! If I really have to try and explain then it’s a combination of edgy, casual and tomboy.
8. Favourite colour of the moment
Rosegold, green and mustard
9. What is your go to outfit/look?
Currently: Sneakers, torn black jeans, black or white tee with rolled up sleeves and a red or grey lipstick.
10. Who is your favourite fashion icon?
Victoria Beckham and Gwen Stefani
11. What is your dream collaboration?
To work on ANYTHING with Sophia Amoruso of GIRLBOSS – business, fashion, you name it… I’d be happy!
12. What does a typical day look like for you?
My days are different all the time. It’s more or less like most days: Wake up, put in Chester’s (my husbands) lunch for work. Get back into bed, nap till he arrived at work. Have quiet time (read my bible, spend time with God) then reply to lots of WhatsApp messages/voice notes, as mentioned before I love helping people. Thereafter do the usual, clean up etc and then start on whatever I have listed on my TO DO LIST for the day. The list ranges from, updating my site, responding to emails, plan new shoot or selling strategy for Anchored Street (my clothing line – still new), discuss whatever project is lined up with those involved and so on… When Chester gets home, I cook, then CHILL!
13. What is your go to beauty routine?
Fill brows, winged eyeliner, mascara and depending on my mood, some lipstick.
14. What are some dreams of yours?
I have many, but one I am okay to share is to host fashion conferences all around the world in unpopular cities and really use the power of fashion to empower and motivate women.
15. Any hidden talents?
I used to be a break-dancer. Still dance every now and again and I can sing as well.
16. Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
Hosting the conference I mentioned above.
17. What are the best things to do in your city?
I would say hiking Lion’s head early hours of the morning and head to the beach thereafter. Take he cable cart up Table Mountain before sunset and have dinner/picnic during sunset on top of the mountain. Book a yacht or boat for the day with friends and spend the day out at sea. Visit the Two Oceans Aquarium and then last, but not least, take a drive along the West Coast.
18. Are you part of any social communities in your city?
Yes, I am.