Starting the year off right has been harder than we thought and giving up all our favourite treats a complete disaster! Luckily, we stumbled upon this delicious, tiny treat that’s sugar free and can even be made so that it’s vegan friendly too. So, if you’ve been as good as we’ve been this year, treat yourself to something that’s just as nice as it is naughty.
FOR THE ICING:
– 250g Margarine/ Vegan Butter or Normal Butter (for non-vegan)
– 500g Powdered Sugar/Xylitol powdered sugar
– 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC.
2. Line cupcake pan with cupcake papers.
3. Place milk and tea bags on the stove on medium heat.
4. Allow to simmer for 10min (ensure that it doesn’t burn or boil over).
5. Allow milk mixture to sit.
6. Meanwhile, using the paddle attachment, mix together the flax eggs, sugar and oil until it becomes lighter in colour.
7. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix on medium speed until it comes together.
8. Add 1/2 Cup of the almond milk/chai mixture to the batter and continue mixing.
9. Spoon batter into cupcake papers until 3/4 full.
10. Bake for 18-20 min or until golden brown.
11. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
12. Meanwhile, mix together powdered sugar, vegan butter, cinnamon and remaining 2 Tbsp of almond milk/chai mixture.
13. When cupcakes are cool, ice them beautifully with icing and dust cinnamon on the top.
For more delish ideas head on over to www.baking-ginger.com