1.Tell us a little about yourself
Hmmmmmmmm this is one of those akward questions where I never know what to tell about myself lol, but let me try. My Name is Palesa Mahlaba ( I bet you already knew that) I like to call myself a retired fashion editor, who left the world of print magazines for a spin in the digital arena. I currently work for a clothing retailler as a buyer/Brand manager, and I run a personal style blog and currently working on a new site, but enough about me right lol. Oh one last thing I’m really passionante about all things fashion and beauty and getting to do this is a living well can I say blessed!?
2. What are some of your main passions and why are they important to you?
I am extremely passionate about the fashion industry and I know you might hear that a lot these days but If I was not working in the industry in any shape or form I really think I would be lost. But apart from fashion I am very passionate about food! Cooking it and eating it not so much the cleaning up after either, at some point in my life I actually thought I would become a chef I’m kinda good, I would be the fashion chef.
3. What are the 5 invaluable tips you can share for shooting looks, what would they be?
- Always prep your looks the night before the shoot, to insure everything fits right and that you don’t forget pieces you might need in the morning.
- Check the weather before planning a shoot only to be suck in the rain or harsh sunlight.
- Figure out the location before the shoot no point in trying to drive around on the day hoping for the perfect location to be free, plus planning ahaed saves you time.
- Work with photographers who you are comfortable with and that know your blooging style, in this way you will trust when they say they have the shot.
- Have fun,be yourself and don’t take yourself tooo seriously when shooting alow room for shots you might not have planned for as they may actually be the ones you like the most, no point in trying to hard because it shows in the images.
4. What camera do you use to shoot? and do you have any favourite locations or backdrops?
I don’t shoot my own images I work with different photographers who use different cameras to shoot, but if im shooting with my little sister we use my Nikon D300 camera. I don’t acatually have a favorite spot to shoot but rooftops are usualy my best bets.
5. What are some apps you cant live without?Well to be quiet honest I can live without most apps I’m not really addicted to any , but lets say between instagram and snapchat I couldn’t choose . Instagram more sooo for inspo and looking ata beautigully curated feeds and lives lol, but Snapchat welll lets just say thata where it all goes down, no curation just plain me hardly wearing makeup or any of my wigs , it’s a peek into my reality with some awsome filters.
6. Where do you get most of your inspiration?
I get most of my insperation from reading magazines (Anitent idea for some ), checking out some of my favourite blogs and from people watching on a day out I could sit at Starbucks and people watch all day. But the best inspo comes from traveling that’s the kind og inpiration I can explain but it stays with you and one no can take it away from you and nor can you fully expalin it.
7. Describe your personal style
Its hard for me to truly exp[alin my style because at the heart of it all Im a girl who is obssesed with fashion and trends, but at the style level Im very bold and authentic to myself, I love bright colors bold/statement pieces that can be dressed up and down. I would say my stay Attainable Unabilitty, I say that because some looks might seem out there but at the core they are simple pieces styled in a bold way.
8. Favourite colour of the moment?
I go through color phases but from a young age green has alaways been my favorite color and how fitting as its this years pantone color and well it’s the color of life and Money .
9. What is your go to outfit/look?
I don’t have a go to look I dress accordoing to my mood and occation.
10. Who is your favourite fashion icon?
It would have to be a mash up of my late Grandmother , My Mother, Anna Dello russo, Lisa Folawiyo, Rachel Zoe and a dash of Patricia Fields (her styling is insane )
11. What is your dream collaboration?
That would be any fashion or beauty related collaboration that involves a lot of traveling.
12. What does a typical day look like for you?
I wake up in the morning have coffee, get ready for work, get to work 30-minutes early,check some emails catch up on some social media , depending on the day I could rush off to our warehouse to see what new stock just came in and head to some of our stores to see what stock needs to be moved around. Shot back to the office fr some admin. Drive to the gym work out for an hour, get home get my meal prep done for the next day. Go to my room and that’s when I get some bloggeer/influencer work done up untill 1am- 2am if I have a lot to get through. Go to slep and start all over again.
Ohhh in-between all that I do eat, shower , post on instagram and snapachat too.
13. What is your go to beauty routine?
I don’t really have a set routine but wash my face twice a day and use a mask 2-3 times a week, mositurise and well my makeup is pretty simple and boring.
14. What are some dreams of yours?
To land a job or actaully build a career of travelling all over the world and building amazing content, and wolrd peace ofcourse.
15. Any hidden talents?
Not really, But I am a DIY Fashion queen check my instgram and blog for some of my DIY projects.
16. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
I see myself traveling the world not what I will be doing but all I know for sure is that it will involve a lot of traveling and documenting my travels.
17. What are the best things to do in your city?
Im the worst person to ask that question, because when im home/ in my city I’m usually indoors or out shooting for the blog.
18. Are you part of any social communities in your city?