1. Tell us a little about yourself
My name is Sphamandla Marvin Zwane and I was born under the warm Durban sun on the 13th of December. For the past 9 years I worked in the retail clothing industry. My love for fashion is grounded in what I learned in retail and observing the changes in trends over the years, thus my style has grown since. Because looking good keeps me confident, I developed the courage to attempt modelling in 2015. This opened up a broader perspective, showing me the vast opportunities available in the entertainment industry. My success stories include working with names like, Maps Maponyane, Edgars, REDS, UBER, and the stylist with Urban art.
2. What kind of Urban Artist are you?
As an Urban artist, my inspiration comes from artists, architectural structures and people walking the streets.
3. How do you express yourself and your individuality? (your culture, identity and beliefs?)
My character and charisma says it all. I love being around creatives and naturally gravitate towards people who work together to grow the next person and give back where they can. My hair makes me stand out in a crowd. It’s been my identity for a long time. My beliefs and culture influence the way in which I interact with people.
4. What, in your opinion, are some of the main trends in footwear right now?
Active footwear and sneakers.
5. What are some of your main passions and why are they important to you?
I’m passionate about TV / Entertainment as well as living an active lifestyle (gym / cycling / running)
6. What are the 5 invaluable tips you can share for shooting looks, what would they be?
- Grooming: Clean clothes; Personal hygiene
- Dope Location
- Best photographer
- Know what you’re doing
7. Where do you get most of your inspiration?
- Other creatives
- Fashion TV
- Fashion Shows
8. Describe your personal style
My style is urbanised with a touch of vintage.
9. Who is your favourite fashion icon?
10. What is your dream collaboration?
To work with GQ.
11. What are some dreams of yours?
To start up my own creatives agency, like a talent incubator.
12. Any hidden talents?
Haha! I’m a soccer player and I like singing.
3. What are the best things to do in your city?
Running / Cycling on the promenade, or a swim at the beach.
14. Are you part of any social communities in your city?
No, I’m not – however, I’ve started a children’s foundation.