5. What are some apps you can’t live without?
6. Where do you get most of your inspiration?
I get most of my inspiration from the good old days of Kofifi, Sophiatown looks and most of all a group from Soweto named BOS (Boys Of Soweto) they always telling me to do good and never stop.
7. Describe your personal style?
My personal style is all about wearing suits and looking classic, whereby I rock suits include some details and rock a cap on top. I even gave it a name Modern Day Pantsula.
8. Favourite colour of the moment?
1. Tell us a bit about yourself?
I am Simphiwe Leonard Madywabe, I was born in Soweto at Baragwanath Hospital.
I’m a humble, productive and passionate guy. I studied Marketing Management, and so I see myself as a marketer and advertiser.
I am into fashion and photography. Easy to work with and adapting to the forever changing environment, according to the people I am surrounded by and the atmosphere I’m in.
2. What are some of your main passions and why are they important to you?
- Life – It has much to offer and one can do all they want, but can try to be in the right place to build success.
- Fashion and Clothing – There are interesting and versatile cultures around that will make you to fall in love with looking good and be well represented.
- Photography – Capture the best of memories and looks you come across on a daily basis.
- Education – We learn everyday so it is important to read a book and get to learn something every day.
3. What are the 5 invaluable tips you can share for shooting looks, what would they be?
- The background must complete what you wearing
- Be confident
- Your image must tell a story
- Always look clean so you can inspire
- Your look must define who you are
4. What camera do you use to shoot? and do have favourite locations or backdrops?
- I use Nikon D3100, D5100 And D5200.
- I work well with any given location though my favourite would have to be informal settlements, taxi ranks and towns. I like those the best because they have a lot of stories to tell.
9. What is your to go outfit/look?
Formal pants, formal shirt and formal shoe.
10. Who is your favourite fashion icon?
Lourens “Loux The Vintage Guru” Gebhardt.
11. What is your dream collaboration?
Working with Lourens Gebhardt, Laduma by Maxhosa and I See A Different You.
12. What does a typical day look like for you?
Go thrift shopping in the streets of Johannesburg, visit Outfitters For Men checking out some formal shoes, take pictures because I am also a photographer on the side. Working on new ideas for my brand Modern Day Swank.
13. What is your to go beauty routine?
When it comes to that I am simple I support local barbershops for a fresh haircut.
14. What are some dreams of yours?
- Being a businessman
- Owning properties
- Seeing my brand Modern Day Swank highly rated and appreciated
- Giving back to the community with clothing drives and getting unprivileged kids back to school.
15. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
- Owning a marketing and advertising company for toddlers and teenagers
- Having a studio at my place for photoshoots
- Having brands associated with me as their brand ambassador
16. Any hidden talents?
I am sportsman. Soccer player, into tennis and cricket.
17. What are they best things to do in your city?
Taking tours around the streets of Soweto, knowing things started, the history around hoods.
Checking some awesome restaurants for nice food and lovely cultural food.
Experiencing how other cultures live their daily lives.
18. Are you part of any social communities in your city?
No. Not yet but me and my friends are working on building one and some people involved