So, we’ve started a brand, spanking New Year with the very best intentions (as usual)! But sometimes we need a helping hand or two to stay on the path towards healthy living. Look we’re not saying you should throw out your martini glasses and spend every waking free moment at the gym, but you certainly can start your day off right. And the best way to start the day is undoubtedly with the berry antioxidant smoothie!
This smoothie is made from blueberries, raspberries, and prunes. A trio you want in your smoothie – they’re high in antioxidants that protect our bodies from free radicals which can cause damage to our cells and contribute to aging and diseases like cancer.
· ¾ cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
· 1 cup of raspberries (fresh or frozen)
· 5 prunes
· 1 banana
· 1 teaspoon of flaxseed
· 2 teaspoons of sunflower seeds
· 1 cup / 250ml milk of your choice (I usedoat milk)
1. Add all ingredients to the blender or Nutribullet and blend until smooth.
We picked up this delish recipe fromwww.verybreakfast.com , be sure to check them out for more great stuff!