2. What are some of your main passions and why are they important to you?
Some of my main passions include, fashion, travel, art and people. These are all important to me as they all play an important part in the growth of my career. It is important to me that I learn as much as I can about these four passions so that I stay on trend and open-minded.
3. What are the 5 invaluable tips you can share for shooting looks, what would they be?
1. Don’t overthink it; keep it simple and authentically you.
2. Location and a good photographer that you trust and feel comfortable with is a very important part of a shoot. When shooting a look, try and figure out where you would like to go in that particular outfit and just go there and shoot it.
3. When in front of the camera, try and move around as much as you can so that you can get all the desired angles you want. Planning and art directing before the shoot always helps the photographer capture great shots.
4. Play with the fabric you are wearing and try and capture the way the garment feels.
5. Have fun! It is always very evident in images when one has fun during a shoot. Try not to be too serious and just enjoy creating!
ON THE RADAR
1. Tell us a little about yourself
Up to this point, you’ll know the side of me that has been portrayed by the media and my ambassador and influencing roles for Picot & Moss, Woolworths A/W 2015, Witchery S/S 2016, Cartier, Brutal Fruit and Stylista. I’m Sarah Langa, 23 and currently in my second year of studies at Wits. My major is Psychology with a minor in Marketing. I’m married to a man I love and I take pride in being a young wife. I was born and raised in Johannesburg.
6. Where do you get most of your inspiration?
I get most of my Inspiration from every-day people, books, travel and other blogs.
7. Describe your personal style
I would describe my personal style as being comfortable, classy, timeless and sexy.
8. Favourite colour of the moment
I can’t really pick one colour so my favorite colors at the moment are yellow, grey and red.
9. What is your go to outfit/look?
My go to look is distressed denims (preferably in black, blue or grey), a bold printed t-shirt, a bright jacket with unique features such as a fur collar, sequenced detailed lapel or emphasized zippers and a pair of neutral colour court heels. Something very elegant but edgy
10. Who is your favourite fashion icon?
It’s hard to pick a fashion icon because people are changing up their styles so often, but at the moment I would have to say Ricky Rick, Aisha Baker, Anna Dello Russo, Chiara Ferragni, Aimee Song and Aureta
11. What is your dream collaboration?
My dream collaboration is a collaboration with Cartier, Prada, Zara, Fort Network, W Hotels and Food Network. I absolutely love these brands because I relate to them and they are aligned with my interests
12. What does a typical day look like for you?
My day is filled with all the different things that I have decided to take on. Sometimes I have early classes, which are usually followed by meetings with different people/brands I get to work with. When I am not at school or in meetings I am working on my blog and various other business ventures I am trying to start up. Most of my days usually end with more lectures in the evenings, as I am a double major student.
13. What is your go to beauty routine?
My favorite beauty item at the moment is the La Mer Revitalizing Hydrating Serum and it is my go to for boosting my skin’s hydration because the dry Johannesburg air can cause my skin to be dry. Every morning I wash my face with the La Mer cleanser, moisturize with the serum and the cleanser and then apply makeup. Protecting my skin is more important to me that just having a great face beat, so every night before I go to bed I make sure I wash off my makeup and tone my skin.
14. What are some dreams of yours?
One of my dreams is to contribute positively to the Influencer Industry and help other influencers like myself to increase the value of the Social Media Influencer in South Africa.
15. Any hidden talents?
One of my hidden talents is myself taught piano skills, I have a great ear for music so finding a great tune in front of a piano comes natural.
16. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
In 5 years time I see myself hopefully pursuing a career in psychology and using my knowledge in this field to help children in south Africa that deal with issues in society and in their household, I also see myself as a mother and a mentor for people who want to know the pros and cons of the digital social media space
17. What are the best things to do in your city?
Some of my favorite things to do in the city of Johannesburg is go visit different restaurants, take random local road trips as Johannesburg is one of the city’s that have the most beautiful nature reserves and community forestry’s. I love nature and trees I believe that God shows us beauty through nature so it is always so rejuvenating to be in touch with nature.
18. Are you part of any social communities in your city?
I am part of an organization called The Young Einsteins. This organization focuses on empowering young people who are transitioning from basic education to higher education. Tutors from university intitutions whole-heartedly invest their own time into offering students that require help some extra lessons, ensuring that students don’t just pass but actually grasp the learning material and also help them build the necessary foundation and support structure that will assist them to excel in university.