1. Tell us a little about yourself
Hi J I am Samantha, owner of LELC, Life Retreat and Lifestyle Shop Online. Jhb born but living half Cape Town and half Johannesburg.
2. What are some of your main passions and why are they important to you?
My main passions are my businesses! Life Retreat started out as just a blog, and further expanded into digital marketing and public relations. Lifestyle Shop Online has so many amazing products on offer, we love to educate our readers on how to live a healthy and balanced life through the products we sell. LELC Studio is another passion as we believe exercise is so important for the mind and body.
3. What are the 5 invaluable tips you can share for shooting looks, what would they be?
My top 5 tips would be: ( 1. To be yourself / 2. Express who you are through what you wear / 3. Shoot in your comfort zones whether it be at the beach or in the city / 4. Choose your best angles / 5. Enjoy yourself! At the end of the day, you must shoot with who makes you feel good about yourself and wear what makes you feel beautiful!)
4. What camera do you use to shoot? And do you have any favourite locations or backdrops?
I use a Canon 700D / I love shooting in beautiful lighting, pure backgrounds / fresh spaces
5. What are some apps you can’t live without?
The Stylista Of course!! I also love Darkroom, VSCO and Snapseed
6. Where do you get most of your inspiration?
I get most of my inspiration from Pinterest, as well as figures I enjoy following such as fashionista’s / models / bloggers etc…
7. Describe your personal style
I would say my personal style is: Elegant. I love beautiful flowing dresses / clothing I feel comfortable in / classics / simple clothing.. Nothing too sparkly or flashy
8. Favourite colour of the moment
9. What is your go to outfit/look?
My go to outfit would be a beautiful flowing, yet super flattering dress
13. What is your go to beauty routine?
My go-to beauty routine would be to give myself a good wake up refresher facial and exfoliation before applying a natural makeup look and either leaving my hair straight or curling it. A good foundation and striking mascara would be my go-to products.
14. What are some dreams of yours?
Besides being a lady of leisure? 😉 I dream that all my business would be an ultimate success and will be able to run without me doing everything so that I can focus on enjoying life
10. Who is your favourite fashion icon?
Not a fashionista by career, but I love Blake Lively’s style
11. What is your dream collaboration?
My dream collaboration would be a big time fashion house such as Burberry
12. What does a typical day look like for you?
My typical day would be: Early morning yoga or a walk on the beach. I try plan my meetings in the morning to get them over with so I can get to the office and do admin work. Once I get started I usually work until around 12pm. Apart from that each day differs, whether it be attending events or doing my client duties.
15. Any hidden talents?
Surprisingly, if you put me on the race track I could give the men a run for their money 😀 I am a creative soul, so often I find myself doing things I would not necessarily think I can do
16. Where do you see yourself in 5 years’ time?
In 5 years time, I see myself travelling the world knowing that everything back home is taken care of
17. What are the best things to do in your city?
The best things to do in my City? Hmmm… This is an easy one, what is there not to do in Cape Town? My city has so much to offer from the beautiful beaches to the wine estates, the restaurants and festivals, there is so much to do you would never get bored.
18. Are you part of any social communities in your city?
Yes, I have joined many social communities from exercise groups, to business networking, as well as take part in tons of charity initiatives