3. What are the 5 invaluable tips you can share for shooting looks, what would they be?
- Come up with an outfit and location before the day of the shoot.
- Wear something that you would actually wear not just for the shoots and something that represents your sense of style.
- Shoot early in the morning just after sunrise and 45 minutes or so before sunset. Those are the best times to capture.
- These shoots are all about the clothing, so pull all the elements of the scene and the your outfit together to reflect this.
- Be free and confident around the camera. Its important to allow someone you are comfortable with to shoot you.
4. What camera do you use to shoot? and do you have any favourite locations or backdrops?
- When I am shooting on my own, I use a Canon 700D but when the photographer (Miti Photography) shoots me then he uses Nikon D7100.
- I love location with graffiti or that have a rustic and vintage feel to them and anywhere with stairs.
11. What is your dream collaboration?
-That would be LaQuan Smith, Balmain ,Marianne Fassler and Droomer official. Marianne Fassler’s prints are out of this world and to die for -Dolce & Gabbana and Fendi for a handbag collaboration.
12. What does a typical day look like for you?
Since I am a geoscientist; my typical day will be working out in the morning, commuting to work and lots of reports. After work I play volleyball. On weekends, it would be breakfast at my favourite spot, swimming, attending functions with friends and plot world takeover over cocktails.
1. Tell us a little about yourself?
My name is Regina Kamukwanyama and I was born and raised in a small town called Rundu, bordering Namibia and Angola by the Kavango river. I have been staying at the coastal town of Swakopmund for the last 6 years. I am a mine Geoscientist who has a passion for fashion. I have been trying to run away from this but it keeps haunting me. I finally decided to give in, hence the birth of my blog “Style definition”. I love dressing up and keeping myself up to date with the happenings in the fashion world. In my free time I love to read financial and investment books to keep myself well-informed.
2. What are some of your main passions and why are they important to you?
-Travelling and meeting new people- I am very intrigued by the different cultures the world has to offer and travelling allows one to experience all this. When one travels they get to see the world from a different perspective, it gets you thinking about the bigger picture and humbles you to appreciate what you have.
5. What are some apps you cant live without?
- Pinterest – I cant think of any other app that serves as a better inspiration tool in anything then Pinterest
- Talk360 And now my new found Stylista
6. Where do you get most of your inspiration?
I get most of my inspiration from rock stars, Goth-loving individuals. I love anything dark or in leather and denim, and I feel like those places are the best inspiration.
7. Describe your personal style?
I would describe my style as Street/Urban Goth Style; it’s influenced by graffiti and prints, Gothic looks and rock-star vibes. I wear a lot of denim, leather and basically anything with prints or dark. I wear pants and shorts mainly , skirts once in awhile and dresses occasionally. The Goth side is mainly reflected in my lips that are mostly in dark and bold colors. In my other life I would probably be a rock-star :).
13. What is your go to beauty routine?
Morning time I apply super defence eye cream, moisturiser with SPF and cover up with sunscreen. Night time; cleanse and tone skin, apply coconut oil and top it with a layer of eye cream and moisturiser or night cream.
I hydrate my skin using the Sorbet hydrating face, hand and foot mask twice a week. I scrub four times a week using a homemade coffee scrub. Coffee scrub are great for their exfoliating and anti-inflammatory properties and leads to a glowing and smooth skin.
14. What are some dreams of yours?
To have a street/urban clothing brand
15. Any hidden talents?
I am a good cook and stylist. My friends and even some people approach me on social media to help style them.
16. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Tough question; something I don’t really discuss with people. Hopefully, be in a different career and living in a bigger city with a successful blog and owner of a fashion brand.
17. What are the best things to do in your city?
I stay in Swakopmund, a coastal town where the Atlantic ocean meets the Namib dessert so there is plenty of outdoors activities. My personal favourites are ; Quad biking and sand boarding but activities range from surfing, skydiving, camel riding, horse riding, fishing , boat cruises, 4X4 driving on dunes and many more.
18. Are you part of any social communities in your city?
Not at the moment, only part of a volleyball club for now.