Bikini season is here! And so is a heatwave apparently, which gives us one more reason (not that we need it) to lounge by the poolside and happily watch the world go by. But as with every new summer season, we need a new swimsuit and we’ve found the one, or more correctly the ones. Summerheart is the love project of two besties- Sam and Lucy – who happened to also be total beachbums! The brand was “inspired by and created for bold and fearless women who, above all things, remain true to themselves” as their website tells us, and we don’t know about you, but that’s a concept we can get behind.
How you might ask? Well this is one of the best parts about the brand, each garment is linked to a female-focused South African charity, check out the details of a few of the charities below.
Every single piece is locally and lovingly handmade by women, which is something that makes our hearts pop a little, what makes them pop a lot is the fact that not only is The Summerheart swimsuit collection simple, comfortable and elegant, not to mention there is quite literally something for every woman in need of a bathing suit no matter your shape or size. But most importanly the collection is also kind.
– Solar Sister is an award-winning women-led social enterprise eradicating energy poverty by empowering African women with economic opportunity. Solar Sister is combining the breakthrough potential of solar and clean cooking solutions with a deliberately woman-centered direct sales network to bring light, hope and opportunity to even the most remote communities in rural Africa. Solar Sister is creating sustainable businesses, powered by smart investment in women entrepreneurs. When you invest in a woman, you invest in the future. In supporting Solar Sister, we support a bright future for all.
HELP THIS ORGANISATION BY PURCHASING THE SERENA SWIMSUIT.
– Lean In at UCT is one of LeanIn.Org’s inaugural college chapters, internationally recognized by Sheryl Sandberg and her team in Palo Alto, CA. Lean In at UCT aims to empower all women on campus to achieve their ambitions; to engage both women and men in the feminist conversation; to create actionable gender change on campus; create a community of like-minded, supported individuals; and to Africanize the gender empowerment movement.
HELP THIS ORGANISATION BY PURCHASING THE SCARLETT SWIMSUIT.
– St Anne’s Home provides shelter and care for homeless, abused and disadvantaged mothers and children. St Anne’s Home aims to motivate and empower distressed women and in so doing, enable them to become independent.
HELP THIS ORGANISATION BY PURCHASING THE DELILAH SWIMSUIT.
– Seeds of Africa is a community upliftment organization that focuses on enterprise development and early childhood development in previously disadvantaged communities in South Africa.
HELP THIS ORGANISATION BY PURCHASING THE JASMINE SWIMSUIT.
– Ons Plek is a temporary home for destitute young women, many of whom are runaways or street workers. Ons Plek provides these girls with shelter and clothing, education, therapy and care.
HELP THIS ORGANISATION BY PURCHASING THE TAYLOR SWIMSUIT.
Find them at: http://summerheart.co.za/