3. What are the 5 invaluable tips you can share for shooting looks, what would they be?
- Less is more
- Best lighting (usually before 11am and after 3pm)
- Be as natural as possible
- Don’t overthink your poses
4. What camera do you use to shoot? and do you have any favourite locations or backdrops?
For Instagram I normally use my iPhone 5s… for blog images I use Nikon D3100. Favorite backdrops would have to be plain walls or a backdrop with lots of depth
5. What are some apps you cant live without?
Cannot live without VSCO – I edit my Instagram photos on this app, and then Instagram (obviously)
6. Where do you get most of your inspiration?
I grab inspiration from my favorite International bloggers, and the hottest picks from Fashion Week.
7. Describe your personal style
I like trying new styles. I don’t stick to trends, and I love being comfortable.
8. Favourite colour of the moment
Definitely grey at the moment
9. What is your go to outfit/look?
Jeans, t-shirt and my Adidas NMDs.
1. Tell us a little about yourself
I am the oldest in my family. First one to attend University and I finished my third year studies in music theory at UNISA. I can read and write music, I can play the piano & I can draw (get this from my mum). I wish I could sing & I am a little obsessed with chocolate! 😀
2. What are some of your main passions and why are they important to you?
I love being able to impact people’s lives. I feel that my purpose in life is to walk away from every conversation I have, consciously making the decision to impact someone’s life in some way, and to help people to accept who they are and chase after what they want. I’ve been through many obstacles in my life, some of which I thought would have never recovered from, and I used those circumstances to make me stronger, and in turn wish to help others in the same way.
10. Who is your favourite fashion icon?
Of all time, I must say Audrey Hepburn, although for some reason I quite like Penelope Cruz…
11. What is your dream collaboration?
I have so many. I’m currently working on one of them! However, if had to mention one, it would be to collaborate with Vogue Magazine and have Mario Testino as the photographer.
12. What does a typical day look like for you?
Wake up > Eat > Go to varsity > come home to admin / filming / editing > planning for my next shoot > eat again > looong showers> quick movie > bed
13. What is your go to beauty routine?
Dove soap and moisturizer
14. What are some dreams of yours?
I want to completely monetize my blog and hopefully open a marketing company of my own where I will be able to provide jobs for young South Africans while teaching them the tricks of the trade.
15. Any hidden talents?
I play the piano, I can read and write music,I dance and I love acting! Ha! Who knew!
16. Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
A completely monetized blog. Probably studying a second degree. Should have opened up my business by now and have at least traveled to 3 different countries.
17. What are the best things to do in your city?
Try different foods! Definitely!
18. Are you part of any social communities in your city?
I am a motivational speaker and a youth leader at my local church.